AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I put up my Linacoustics with the 3M adhesive spray, how trashed will my drywall be if the next owner decides to remove it. Just Curious....

Is there a better option if you want to be nice to the next owner?

Regards,

- Hal

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess screws would work however do you worry about protruding screws if someone presses on the wall? - Hal

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
There was a long discussion about that worry at the time I was putting mine up and it originally concerned me (search for "drywall screws" around March of this year to find the thread). However, in practice, its just not a problem at all. The linacoustic is actually quite firm to the touch and its pretty hard to locate the screws throught the fabric, much less make them poke through.

Again, you just need maybe four or five screws per section of linacoustic.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hal, my findings coincide with ebr. Not only have the screws not been a problem, but it actually takes some work to go back and find where I put them! Once it's unrolled and flat on the wall, the Linacoustic is pretty firm.

- Chris

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I like the screw option. So, do you put the screws in studs or just in drywall? If it is in the stud, then I guess I would need 2 1/2" drywall screws. Or do you just use shorter screws and put it right into the drywall?

Finding studs will be more challenging now. Maybe I should search for the old thread. :)

Thanks

- Hal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.