AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my house finished the basement. In his wonderful design put the rear speakers 10 feet apart and put them the long wall of the room (13x19x8 room).

Well, I changed the orientation of the room for MY HT and I now have two sub-par speakers in a wall that I don't use with speaker wire I can't remove (he drilled the holes in the studs just big enough to fit the wire through. The speakers also have a metal frame in them, but the frame is not visible while looking through the hole.

My question is are there any kits/methods for patching 8"x12" holes in a wall without it looking crappy. I could be a lazy bum and put pictures over the top and just leave the speakers in there, but I would prefer to remove them.

-tReP

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
There are a couple version of these clips. Here's one but there is another from USG I think. You use them to hold the drywall insert flush then screw the drywall to the flat surface on the backside of the clips. Then you actually snap off the front of the clips and mud. HTH

http://alsnetbiz.com/homeimprovement...ll_repair.html

P.S. I've never used them but a friend recently bought them to use and I looked at the packaging. I've used plywood to vertically span the four corners on the back. Similar to the wood in the previous post but the were in the center.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.