AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried removing the "Samsung" badge that is on the front of their HLP series TVs? I'm considering removing the badge off a HL-P4674W and would like to learn from others before I start. Any advice?

Ray

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raysam
Has anyone tried removing the "Samsung" badge that is on the front of their HLP series TVs? I'm considering removing the badge off a HL-P4674W and would like to learn from others before I start. Any advice?

Ray
And your reason to remove it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just not a keen fan of "Samsung" branding. Unfortunately, the 4674 seems to be the best/biggest option for my 42.5 width cabinet.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Just not a keen fan of "Samsung" branding. Unfortunately, the 4674 seems to be the best/biggest option for my 42.5 width cabinet.
Duct tape might be nice. :cool:

Or bondo and black paint, carefully sanded and color matched, might be another possibility.

Yours is the first message of it's type that I have run into since the first Samsung DLP was discussed in this forum about three years ago. You may have to be a pioneer.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have an HLN....so as a side effect of changing the border to black....the Samsung badge got covered up ;)

I used black gaffer tape.

The Dreamer.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Go to a Hobby Shop. They have stick-on plastic sheets in lots of colors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Taping it up would be somewhat tacky :)

Using my fingernail, I can't seem to get under any part of the badge and don't feel any give/flex. That would indicate that the badge is glued onto the black grill. If so, it should come off easily with a hot gun.

The question is whether it is screwed on in addition to the glue. The perforated holes in the black grill would make one guess that Samsung would take advantage of those holes to ensure the badge doesn't fall off in the case where the glue fails.

Does anyone know what's involved in taking that front grill off?

FWIW, I've seen ads in my Audio Advisor catalog where they had a HLP with no badge...so I know someone out there has done this before.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Quote:

Using my fingernail, I can't seem to get under any part of the badge and don't feel any give/flex. That would indicate that the badge is glued onto the black grill. If so, it should come off easily with a hot gun.

The question is whether it is screwed on in addition to the glue. The perforated holes in the black grill would make one guess that Samsung would take advantage of those holes to ensure the badge doesn't fall off in the case where the glue fails.

Does anyone know what's involved in taking that front grill off?

FWIW, I've seen ads in my Audio Advisor catalog where they had a HLP with no badge...so I know someone out there has done this before.
Why don't you go to Sony Parts they have a larger badge that would fit over the Samsung badge...then you can tell everyone you have the first Sony SXRD released...just think how jealous everyone would be. :)

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
OOps. I thought that was the look you were looking for. My bad. :eek:

Quote:
Photoshop?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.