AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to do this? I have a file that plays but it has english subtitles and I want to remove them. Is there a file that can be removed to do this?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Further /forum/post/12789158

Why do you need to remove them? Just don't show them.

I would love to do that but when I open the file in vlc they are on by default. Is there an option in vlc to turn them off?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshwon /forum/post/12791476

I would love to do that but when I open the file in vlc they are on by default. Is there an option in vlc to turn them off?

I have never had that experience. But, in VLC, go in the Video menu and the last item is subtitles track. You can try to turn them off there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Further /forum/post/12792382

I have never had that experience. But, in VLC, go in the Video menu and the last item is subtitles track. You can try to turn them off there.

Thanks, simple solution.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Further /forum/post/12792382

So the subtitles of MKV are not embedded in the movie? thay can be turned on & off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used this program to take the subtitles out and it wont play on my WDTV( saying undetermined) and it opens on my computer but nothing plays.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another reasons for wanting to remove the subtitles would be if you wanted to burn a DVD of the mkv file in Toast -- if you don't remove the subtitle track with MKV Tools, Toast burns them into the file and they can't be disabled.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I'm using MeGUI to overlay my subtitles on mkv videos (that also have embedded default subtitles).

I read the video source with DirectShowSource command, then TextSub my srt file on the video.

The problem is that the output video has two subtitles, mine over the default one.

Is there a command to ignore the default embedded subtitles that can be used for Avisynth scripts?

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
To remove subtitles from MKV, there are lots of solutions online.

Just Google search "How to Remove Subtitles from MKV, AVI, MP4, etc without Hassle".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use a software called Avdshare Video Converter which can remove subtitles from MKV.
It can achieve different functions like delete subtitles from video, extract subtitles from MKV, AVI, VOB, MP4, AVCHD, FLV, MOV, MPEG, WMV, ASF, RMVB, DV, 3GP, etc.
I like it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts