AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have the Pioneer VSX-519v receiver and love it, but was wondering if there is a feature (like on some other receivers) that allows you to change the names of the input functions. For example, TV/SAT would become renamed to Xbox 360, etc.

I've looked everywhere, including the owner's manual, and don't see anything about it, so I'm starting to think it's unlikely. But I also haven't seen anywhere that it isn't a feature on this receiver. If anyone has the VSX-519v and knows for sure please let me know. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
398 Posts
If the ability to rename your input sources (inaccurately referred to by Pioneer in this case to input "function" - it has nothing to do with function, but I guess that's what we get when foreign manufacturers are unable - or unwilling - to properly translate...but I digress!) isn't discussed in the manual, then you most likely can't do that. I have a 17 year old Sony pro-logic receiver that let's me do that, but my 11 year old Yamaha won't. The inclusion of this feature not only varies by manufacturer, but by model within each brand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts