AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try this? Rent-a-Center has most of the top RPTV listed on their web site. I haven't been to the local store to look to see what it costs. I would think it would be interesting and fun to actually see what one of these huge screens is like living with day-to-day before shelling out a few thousand dollars.

G

·
Registered
207 Posts
About ten years ago (a while, I know) I looked at those rental places as I had just moved to a city and thought it might be interesting. They were outrageously priced. Sure, if you want to take the time, stop in and see what they're at. But I wouldn't get your hopes up.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Given the rate at which the costs drop for large rear projection TVs it would hard for a business to offer rentals that didn't cost a significant percentage of the MSRP. The businesses would need to charge well over the depreciation amount to turn a profit, when the depreciation alone would be enough to scare off many consumers.

My suggestion is for you to buy what you want from a store with a nice return policy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.