AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this TV for about 4 years now, maybe longer. It suddenly has a series of black horizontal lines running across the screen They're ~1/2" apart in groups about 6" tall, then no lines for 6", then another group, and so on. Also the picture has degraded horribly and is quite pixelated. Bright colors cause a dusting effect across the rest of the picture (although the bright red effect does look pretty cool sometimes).

I tried reinstalling the latest firmware but that didn't help anything.

Would it be worth it to try and get it repaired. My assumption is a main board will need to be replaced. Between parts and labor I can probably get a comparable or even better set for near the same cost.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Post some pictures of the screen with various content, including Tv menus/osd.

First attempt to fix would be Y main $300 and/or Y buffer/driver boards $200 each, but more than likely would be the Panel $800 but not available.

The other problem is getting the correct boards. Philips is really bad because one Tv can have 3 or 4 different versions of boards/panels, so buying parts is a crap-shoot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's some pictures of the screen, lousy quality but they get the point across. I think it's probably time for a new one.

too bad they don't have a cash for clunkers for old TVs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts