AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got what seemed to be the red led of death after about 70 hrs of use. After reading Mr Weses success on fixing his I bought both the p mod. & B mod. $327.00 from pani. and replaced them myself. With both new it wouldn't power the light back on so I went back in and put original p mod. back in and left new B mod. in and it went back to coming on for around 30 seconds and lamp going off and red light blinking with fan running. I am really frustrated at going this rought. I should have sent it back to Japan. Now if I send it to Japan they probably won't warrenty it. Does anyone know a good place that will fix the th-ae100 model in the States. I wish I could test the lamp to see if that is the problem then maybe just replace that. Help is much appreciated.

Brian

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles, but at the cost of $327.00 it would have been cheaper (and less frustrating) to just have sent it back.

Try calling Panasonic for an authorized repair center. They should be able to fix the projector (at an additional cost of course).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bristevens04
I got what seemed to be the red led of death after about 70 hrs of use. After reading Mr Weses success on fixing his I bought both the p mod. & B mod. $327.00 from pani. and replaced them myself. With both new it wouldn't power the light back on so I went back in and put original p mod. back in and left new B mod. in and it went back to coming on for around 30 seconds and lamp going off and red light blinking with fan running. I am really frustrated at going this rought. I should have sent it back to Japan. Now if I send it to Japan they probably won't warrenty it. Does anyone know a good place that will fix the th-ae100 model in the States. I wish I could test the lamp to see if that is the problem then maybe just replace that. Help is much appreciated.

Brian
Remove the side intake filter and observe if the intake DUCT fan (on the side, and not the exhaust fan on the back) is spinning. The DUCT fan is mostly likely your source of problem, if the system shut down in 30 seconds. The part number for the duct fan is L6FCKEBH001.

Good luck :)

MrWes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.