Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ill start with system!

Pioneer elite pro 101fd

denon 3808ci

PS3

SAT Dish

First problem is TV is away from home theater closet and wires are snaked up through one wall then ceiling then behind brick wall where tv is. There is no way to run any new wires. I have one HDMI, one componant from closet to tv "out from reciever". Problem is the HDMI connector part bent and was destroyed. Is there any way to repair up to HDMI standards? or Find a HDMI expert to repair on site?

If not I have to run on backups which is componant. Now more questions...

Does 1080P run over componant?

are componant switches good and do they also work on 1080p? "i am asking this because there is a second TV involved a 32" inch samsung for PS3 gaming and would like to switch form big TV little TV quickly for gaming and BLUERAYS. Also small tv HDMI's are down "to damn sensitive HDMI"

hope this makes sense basically running on HDMI was simple to just plug one wire in and out now it has become a mess with compnant....

any advise will be greatfull

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
hopefully somebody knows of a way to fix an hdmi cable, but i'm pretty sure it can't be done.

1080p will run over component, but not for blu-ray, due to the copyright standards built into the hdmi connections.

i know you say there is no way to run another cable, but is it possible to use the existing hdmi cable to fish a new one through? or is the space too tight to pull the connector through? a good electrician or home theatre installer should be able to try to fish a new one through.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no possible way it is through a few beams in wall the joist in ceiling then behind brick wall to many twist and turns....So it runs over component but not Blueray because of HDMI copyright laws ! always polictics !

So I am at lost unbelievable after all this work ! So I am at 1080i with SAT because they dont broadcast at 1080p yet....So will blueray be the same at 1080i or 1080P/24 that much better...

I hate to see all this money spent on equipment and not get to use it at its fullest....

Thanks for input.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.