AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sunbrite 3200HD-PRO the screen has gone yellow on all source in put but the menu colour looks fine

what could it be?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it yellow with VGA component 1 and 2

input board??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
try reseating connectors on board along with cleaning. what source are you using and what others have you tried?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pull out the input board sprayed with contact cleaner
pulled out the cable going from main board to t-con board sprayed with contact cleaner

ok thanks for trying to help

can we go through the list

color on the menu is fine, blue screen looks fine - So I think the panel is OK

no lines or bloshes - So I think the Tcon board is fine

the screen is lite up and menu looks fine - So I think the back light board is fine (however I do hear a little hum coming from that but maybe that is there all the time when its on??)

so Im left with main board of input board

this is a very old tv but an outdoor tv should I throw money/parts at it or cut my losses

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
as you figure, your problem is somewhere on the main board / input board or the input itself. Since the main board is generating (internally) its menu and it looks ok, the board itself may be ok AT it "output stage"... but that doesn't rule out the input side of the board or the input board (assume seperate one) that things are connected to. You didn't answer what you are feeding things with. At the component level switch around leads and see if things change.

Basically, it would appear you lost the blue input for what ever reason. Disconnect the red from the component setup, screen should go green.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have feed it with VGA (computer)

AV 1 (composite input yellow red white) WD media player

and AV 2 same

I dont have anything component input (RBG)

I have tried the WD media player with the same cable on different tv and works fine

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
if you have access to rgb output device and a vga to rgb cable, you can readily "experiment" by switching around the components. Further, your problem "statement" didn't really specify what happened to cause the problem... eg. just happened, happened after long storage, happened after dropping, happened after cleaning, etc.

Still further, most boards have labelling on them to indicate things like voltages and such. Check to ensure those voltages are indeed present on / at all boards.

As for whether the tv is worth it... depends on whether you got something better to do... :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
happened all of a sudden

I might buy buy a Main board and see what happens??

looks like I can get one for about 60 bucks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pics of insides

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts