AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so yesterday I went to turn on my Mitsubishi HC6500 and heard a pop then clicking, the status and power lights are all green like normal. I checked the bulb and it looks fine. So my dilemma is do I get the PJ repaired or do I upgrade to a newer model? I am running dedicated light controlled theater with a 92" 1.1 gray screen, the PJ is on a shelf 6'1" at 10' from the front of the lens so it has to be a short throw lens with some shift, I think. I am essentially looking for any info or recommendations that anyone may have. PJ's that I have thought of are the Mitsu HC4000, Lg CF181D, Epson 8700UB or something within that price range.

Thanks

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,838 Posts
The Epson 8350 would be a strong consideration. Out of warranty repair costs can go through the roof. If you feel warm & fuzzy about moving into a newer class of 1080p unit, then you won't regret that choice. You can always send the other unit in for repairs for the cost of shipping alone, and if it comes back to you with a low repair price, you can sell it right here on AVS Classified.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan
The Epson 8350 would be a strong consideration.
Wouldn't the 8700UB outperform the 8350 by a mile?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts