AVS Forum banner

Repair polk rt1000i or get pioneer spfs52?

1015 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  martian4000
Hey everyone, I'm trying to decide if I should bother getting my polk tower powered speakers repaired (polk rt1000i) or get a pair of Pioneer spfs52, I have a 5.1 surround, the tower polk speakers being my current front R & L. The amp went out on both (common issue I hear), so I rigged them up to where they still give sound just not the woofer. I have dedicated subwoofer but I want the bass from the tower speakers back. I've had the polks forever so haven't done much comparison as I was happy with them, but since I want that bass back wondering if these are worth fixing (I would have to find a repair shop) or just go with the pioneer spfs52? I read the pioneers are awesome but wanted to see how they compare against the polks rt1000i. Its hard to find the spfs52 for demo as they been out a while.

Thanks for the input
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
maybe something like this for a DIY fix
https://www.newark.com/mcm-custom-audio/50-6269/subwoofer-plate-amplifier-module/dp/55X0521

I have one of these for a sub in the basement and an older one of the same style driving the sub in the living room.
maybe something like this for a DIY fix
https://www.newark.com/mcm-custom-audio/50-6269/subwoofer-plate-amplifier-module/dp/55X0521

I have one of these for a sub in the basement and an older one of the same style driving the sub in the living room.
Link not working
go to newark.com and search this part number 55X0521
go to newark.com and search this part number 55X0521
Interesting, do you notice a difference in quality?
I did not use this to fix the same system you have.. I just use it as a sub amp for a home made 12" sub and an old 12" BIC powered sub that had a failed amp. No idea if it will work for you, just an option to get bass back without spending a lot of cash. It also may not fit after googling those speakers, the amp is kind of large and way more power than what those had apparently. If you search that sight you may find something smaller that would work for the sub amp if that one is too large and powerful.
Go for the fix....Find a good repair place and they get them going like new. I've had the filter caps replaced now three times since I bought my RT3000P's. $165 was cheaper than buying something new. I keep the devil I know rather than bet on the unknown. Own any amp long enough and these need replaced. Cheers!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.