AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was thinking of purchasing a LCD 37" TV online. Also, I wanted to purchase an additional Extended Warranty. Have anyone had experience with RepairTech? Link is below.

Also, is there any other extended warranties out there worth considering?

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniz /forum/post/0

No, there is no EW worth considering. Please do a SEARCH before posting!

Why do you say that? There is another thread here where a lot of people are suggesting to get a BB EW. Also, I am just inquiring about this extended warranty. I am not asking if I should get it or not.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 /forum/post/0

There he goes again lol

What is this all about?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Teeforb at times they are worth it, this morning I had to place a call for a tech to come out for my dlp set. This will be my third repair. In my situation $350. for a 5 year plan was well worth it. I think you will hear good and bad about EWs.Some cost 2x as much as others without any guarantee you will get better service for the cost. If it gives you peace of mind go with it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree that for some people it is worth it. I just wanted some responses for repairtech Warranty.

·
Registered
535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb /forum/post/0

What is this all about?

Teeforb he did the same thing to me the other day when I posted a question about EWs, so it just struck me funny when he did the same to you. I think he may be upset that he has clouds on his SONY and Sony isn't doing anything about it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
If I were to buy one I'd get a less expensive third party warranty based in my state. It's much easier to get your states Attorney General involved when it's in the same state.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb /forum/post/0

Why do you say that? There is another thread here where a lot of people are suggesting to get a BB EW. Also, I am just inquiring about this extended warranty. I am not asking if I should get it or not.

I say this for two reason:

1.) There are one bizzilion other threads that have already been answered about EW that you could have searched for and read

2.) EW are a complete waste of money on everything except microdisplays. There is a 3% chance that your TV will require service duing it's usable life. Buying an EW is like handing BB $200 and telling them to keep it as a gift. BB and all other retailers make more profit off EW then any other thing they sell....because only 3% of the people who buy them actually use them for even close to what they paid! Besides, if you bought the TV on your credit card, you are already covered for at least one additonal year at not charge. If the TV is going to die, it's going to die in your factory warranty period or your credit card's warranty period. No need to throw your money into the trash!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.