AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new here and was looking for some input...

I recently acquired a Samsung HDTV tabletop projection television (dont have the model number on me at the moment, but it was made in 2005 or 2006). The TV was free, however the screen was compeletely destroyed. I am told that the TV worked fine prior to the screen being busted. The mirror is also missing out of the unit.

Here are my questions...

Let me start off that I am not looking for perfection, just a TV for the bedroom that will get occasional use.

I have a Panasonic HDTV that has bad convergence amps, and a failing power supply. The Panasonic has the same size screen. Will the screen from this TV work in the Samsung?

I also have a good mirror in the Panasonic, as well as a good mirror in a larger 52" Phillips. These mirrors are a bit larger than what the samsung needs, so I was thinking of using my glass cutter to trim the mirrors down. Do the mirrors have to be a special shape? Will any excess mirror cause excessive image distortion?

It may sound funny, but I just have these 3 projections televisions and I'd like to make one out of all. Thank you ahead of time for your input.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You should be able to use the lenticular screen no problem. If the frame from the tv will hold it, you should be good. It may be trimmed carefully with scissors.

Don't know about the mirror though. The only thing I would think would stop you is if the mirror wouldn't fit in the chassis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.