AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
"Fast, friendly, cheap"

I assume they still have the same flat rate price for UTV Tuner repairs?

I'd agree for those looking to fix a UTV... CCS gets it done right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
clean the fan inlets and outlets! if you could access for the bearing then put a pee amount of oil or grease on it ( enough amount only to lubricate it) clean also some heatsinks of your TV! some models trigger the fan speed to increase when internal temperature of the set increases.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Welcome to the UTV forum.

Feel free to post to the forum the details of your UTV and it's condition and/or issues you might be having with it's installation.

You didn't exactly say what kind of problems you might be having. If the tuner(s) aren't flaky then it's likely fellow UTV forum members can guide you in some troubleshooting and ways to reduce/avoid experiencing problems with your UTV.

CCS is probably still providing UltimateTV repair services. (They also have a nice Troubleshooting section that can be very helpful in explaining why the UTV is acting the way it is...) The other providers? Hit and Miss, probably. Regardless, it wouldn't hurt to double check any phone #s/websites/e-mail links you have. With the current holiday season (and weather) in play you might not get very quick replies... but give it a few days and you should get a response.

Keep us posted if you learn anything "new" about repair services.

Also, add to a discussion about your specific UTV if you like or start a new one if searching for your specific issue doesn't come up with anything.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPatrol /forum/post/17780760

Is DirecTV still activating and supporting these units?

Support, not so much. Billing $9.95/mo for UTV service, yep. I had a tough time navigating to the correct rep to get my UTV account going 3 years ago, but it should still be available. I can imagine they'll push hard for their DVR before allowing a new UTV.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eea123 /forum/post/18602814

Support, not so much. Billing $9.95/mo for UTV service, yep. I had a tough time navigating to the correct rep to get my UTV account going 3 years ago, but it should still be available. I can imagine they'll push hard for their DVR before allowing a new UTV.

I'm really surprised people still have these, with all the HD available now. Although, my parents still have one hooked up in their bedroom, but they don't have the UTV service turned on.

The only thing I miss from UTV is PIP. I'm surprised DirecTV doesn't have it on their new DVRs.

BTW the new HR24 HD DVR is super fast now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh yea, there's still people using them! I'm getting ready to switch over to Uverse. I love my UTV but it's time to sadly move on.

If anyone needs a UTV please email me. I actually have two. My original UTV I upgraded to 120gb but the drive died last year. Both tuners work perfectly though. The 2nd UTV I have I bought on ebay, it only has the 30gbHD, but both tuners work on that one as well.

If anyone is interested please contact me, I don't want to throw them out. I also have the wireless keyboard, 1 remote, and original manuals. I still have the UTV OS image, so if someone is really interested I could pick up a 120gb drive and put the image on the for them beforehand.

Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Nice to see there are "new" members visiting here too...

Welcome to the forum. Sad to hear you are leaving the DTV and UTV fold.

These are RCA UTVs? Typically they had 40GB (or 80GB) drives depending on model (35 or 70 Hour Capacity).

Have a good weekend and stay in touch. It's quiet around here.

I might follow up on your post next week... if no one else snags them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I've had DTV/UTV for a looong time, I hate giving it up but whenever I call DTV for support or questions they give me a hassle. I usually know more about UTV than they do, and they always try to get me to upgrade.

I was going to put them both on ebay but I did some searching and found this forum, so I thought if there are any die-hard UTV folks still out there I'd give them first dibs.

My original unit (owned since new) is in perfect condition aside from the dead 120gb drive. The 2nd unit I purchased on ebay is a little rough on the outside but works perfectly. Both are DWD490RE's. Yes, you're right the smaller drive is a 40gb, I forget the actual size earlier.

If you're interested or anyone else feel free to contact me. I'm watching the last of my recorded shows then I will be retiring the UTV's...

Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPatrol /forum/post/19113343

As much as I liked the UTV's, I can understand. Why make parts for a machine they don't make or isn't in service anymore? It all comes down to costs.

Fair enough, but people still collect and fix old radios, old cars, ... I read it more as CCS ran through their supply and normal channels of replacement tuner chips and won't be able to offer service on the units anymore.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts