AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to record tonight's new episode tomorrow night late when it's scheduled to rerun on CNBC. Does anyone know if CNBC keeps their tickers, etc., on the screen during the show?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I've recorded 3 episodes off CNBC, not once have I seen a ticker.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ace -

BTW - my guide currently has Will & Grace and Scrubs at 9:00 & 9:30 on NBC, and not The Apprentice. Either bad guide data or my local is doing something strange. My Replay can't seem to keep up with NBC's schedule shuffling.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just checked my guide and it's showing "THe Apprentice" on @ 9:00.

CNBC doesn't run the stock ticker on the shows. I've had a harder time editing out comericals on their braodcasts. Then again, I might have just been having a bad edit day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Because of NBC's stupid scheduling fiasco I decided to go through every Sunday and set my shows to record for the week.

Last Sunday my guide said Scubs and Will and Grace so I also set my replay to record off off CNBC.

I looked tonight to make sure everything was set to record (because 24 and Average Joe didn't record and now I don't trust it) and low and behold - The Apprentice is in the guide tonight now. I don't know what's going on but something isn't right.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HawksRCool
I just checked my guide and it's showing "THe Apprentice" on @ 9:00.

CNBC doesn't run the stock ticker on the shows. I've had a harder time editing out comericals on their braodcasts. Then again, I might have just been having a bad edit day.
So does my guide. I last connected to the mothership yesterday morning.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ace987
I would think they wouldn't run a live ticker after hours when the stock exchanges are closed anyway... or at least the U.S. exchanges.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ace987
ditto.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up recording at the 9:00 NBC timeslot. I did a forced connection around 8 pm last night and my guide updated to reflect the schedule change.

Don't know why it took so long for the Replay folks to correct the guide. Aren't we paying $13 a month for accurate guide data? :)

I wish Fox would repeat "American Idol" episodes on one of their other channels. My wife loves this show, but I missed Tuesday's show because of the "no channel signal" error.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.