AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in a 5.1 Def Tech system (3 XTR-50's, 2 Gems, and a SuperCube III) in my living room. I am thinking of replacing the SuperCube with something else.

First off the SuperCube, I think, has an amp problem. It is crackling when plugged in even without a source input in the LFE connector. It does is it maybe 20% of the time and it has the same problem at the 2 outlets I have plugged it in, so it is going back.

I am trying to decide if I should replace it with the same or go elsewhere.

The room is 15x18 with 18 foot ceilings, so a lot of cubic feet. With some research here I am thinking of the Epik Legend or maybe 2 Lava LSP12s. I am open to recommendations but the cost should be $600 or less.

80% TV/Movies

15% Gaming

5% Music

·
Registered
190 Posts
If it were me i would definately look into getting multiple lavas. I do not own one but have been reading about them since they came out and for around 300 dollars a piece (i think there is also an AVS discount) it seems like one of the best subs in the price range, some are even comparing it to subs in the 500-600 dollar price range.

Dont know how you feel about ported designs which the lava is but i think multiples of the lava will be better than what you have now. Not knocking the supercube by any means but 2 subs positioned properly will even out better in your room and give you the bass i think your looking for.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I'll throw the Epik Legend into the mix.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Let me rephrase my answer. Either way you go I think you will enjoy and it will be great for you. The legend seems solid also it just comes down if you wanna run dials and have more options for placement or run one single legend which has two drivers.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
HSU and eD also make excellent subs at this price point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.