AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally posted this in the Energy Owners thread but i think it may get lost.

I have a fairly small condo with an old 42" panny plasma, old sony DB830 (still pumping strong after 10 years) and all the new HD toys. i will be upgrading to the 46" panny g25 (no plasma/lcd war please) and would possibly be looking at cleaning up around the tv. i currently have the Point 5 system in a 3.1 setup with cadence xsub-12 and dont really want to spend too much money on speakers but was wondering if its an upgrade to go to a 3.1 format with the Take FPSs? i guess any other recommendation would also be accepted and pondered.

I mostly use the system for tv/movies. i use for music but am not too picky, plus i still have an old set of 10" Cerwin Vegas if need be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking of flat panel speakers that will be wall mounted. my tv is in a corner, so right now the athenas are mounted on the walls on either side of the tv. they stick out a bit so i was thinking of doing something more flush. there really is no room for floor mounted speakers.

let me also preface everything by saying i like the setup/sound from the athenas that i have now, i am in this for mostly aesthetic reasons but i also do not want to replace them something inferior.

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
The Take FPS is probably a good choice for what you're trying to do. Will you be using a center channel too? since your TV is in a corner I was wondering where you'd place it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.