AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Pioneer Elite SC-05 for a few years now and love it...up until I bought a 3D TV. Apparently the HDMI output does not work with 3D discs. So off to eBay this will go and I'll need to get something newer.

I'm of the belief that most modern receivers are very good nowadays and increments are minor (like the aforementioned need for 3D), so even though I bought this SC-05 brand new, I don't have a desire to do that again. I'd like to stick with Pioneer Elite, but I'm okay with buying another used receiver...whichever was the first to support 3D. If that happens to be only the newest available model then I'll bite the bullet.

What recommendations are there for something along the lines of the SC-05 but does 3D? It's not easy to search Pioneer's web site to look up past receivers' specs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I replaced my SC-05 with a Denon 4311 and to my ears it was a considerable improvement. The SC-05 is a beautiful AVR and I have nothing but good things to say about it, but for me Audyssey XT32 is a step above MCACC.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just bought a used elite sc-67 for 799. It would fit your needs perfectly. I have the sc-07 that will be replaced by the 67. LOVE the sc-07.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I had both the SC-05 and SC-07. My boys have them now. Loved them but the new SC-77 is unbelievably a big upgrade. Functionality is much better and the sound field is incredible. It hard for me to say that cause I loved my sc-07 but the 77 is very very good.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the SC-67 the first one that came after the SC-05 with 3D? I looked it up and see there is a SC-61 too which is probably more my speed. Anything older with 3D? I ask because the SC-05 does everything I want minus the 3D.

I wish Pioneer kept all their old literature on the web site. Maybe they do, but its not always easy to find.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I BELIEVE the sc6x models were the first to have 3d pass through, but Im not positive. and im not sure anything below the 67 and 68 dealt with 3d. It has that info on the pioneer site.

·
Premium Member
4,927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valnar  /t/1501871/replace-my-pioneer-elite-sc-05-for-me-need-3d-over-hdmi#post_23998142

I've had my Pioneer Elite SC-05 for a few years now and love it...up until I bought a 3D TV. Apparently the HDMI output does not work with 3D discs. So off to eBay this will go and I'll need to get something newer.

I'm of the belief that most modern receivers are very good nowadays and increments are minor (like the aforementioned need for 3D), so even though I bought this SC-05 brand new, I don't have a desire to do that again. I'd like to stick with Pioneer Elite, but I'm okay with buying another used receiver...whichever was the first to support 3D. If that happens to be only the newest available model then I'll bite the bullet.

What recommendations are there for something along the lines of the SC-05 but does 3D? It's not easy to search Pioneer's web site to look up past receivers' specs.

Thanks.

Go to Pioneer USA - they have some great deals on refurb Elites - 65, 67, 68 included. I believe the 65 was listed at around $850, 67 was at $950 and 68 at $1200 - all with a full warranty. Free shipping if I remember correctly. I will also add that I did replace my 07 with a Denon 4311 and it has been a great receiver and as said above, XT32 is the real deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts