AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have been having the red tint issue on my KRP600M, so I ordered a new X-Board and Y-Board is was going to replace them. I took out the X-board and replaced it with the new one.I went ahead and re-connected the power to the TV, so I could test and see if everything was still working while the back was still off before moving on. I fired the set up and this is how it looks now. The color is super faded on everything, even the box that says "Input 5". I freaked out and put the old X-Board back in and it still does the same thing!! I'm really worried now. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

UPDATE: When I keep the TV on it eventually shuts off and the red light on the front blinks 11 times, All I could find out from the service manual is this means:

"Over or under voltage protection of the

center electric potential" 

and the solution was to check "X-SUS" and the checkpoint is  the "X Resonance Block". Not sure what to do from here.

·
Registered
702 Posts
My kuro was doing that. Would blink the same amount of times. Had it sitting on the wall for over a year with my Sony on a stand in front of it. Luckily all I had to do was unplug the cord, plug it back into the Tv then into a surge protector. Talk about a waste of a year. When I plug it into the wall doesn't seem to work. Hope you have some good fortune like I did.

Also these tv's seem to be prone to issues when it comes to electrical surges (as most plasma are) and can act fidgidy if there are issues with the power feeding it (spikes ext...)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboncorr1  /t/1505422/replaced-x-board-in-kuro-picture-is-now-black-and-white-help#post_24089231

My kuro was doing that. Would blink the same amount of times. Had it sitting on the wall for over a year with my Sony on a stand in front of it. Luckily all I had to do was unplug the cord, plug it back into the Tv then into a surge protector. Talk about a waste of a year. When I plug it into the wall doesn't seem to work. Hope you have some good fortune like I did.

Also these tv's seem to be prone to issues when it comes to electrical surges (as most plasma are) and can act fidgidy if there are issues with the power feeding it (spikes ext...)

I tried doing this, but I am still having the same problem. My Kuro is still sitting idle. I have no clue how to fix this problem. I'd really like to get my TV up and running again. Anyone have any more advice?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me  /t/1505422/replaced-x-board-in-kuro-picture-is-now-black-and-white-help#post_24186632

Was replacing X and Y boards ever a prescribed cure for the red tint problem??

D-Nice himself recommended the procedure. 

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
I figured all along my x or y boards were bad and the tech would never admit it and now I tried that log clearing suggested in the other thread, which failed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts