AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a replacement 5040 for the one I returned under RMA. It has similiar lock-up problems.

I've been informed by tech support that there will be a software build, ver. 1400, to be released in about a week to correct the 5000 series known freeze problems. Has anyone heard anything about it? I'll believe it when I see it.

The good news is that the 3 mo. warrantee starts anew.

I'm not surprised. I'd rather stay with the 5040 than trade it for a 4504, but if anyone wants a refurbed 5040 under warrantee with known lock-up problems I'll let it go cheap ($300.) and get a PIONEER DVR810HS when available.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just received my RMA 5040 from DNNA about 2 weeks ago (my old 5040 was not locking up, but my video out went bad). It locks up everyday while buffering live TV. I called Tech Support and they gave me the same story as you got - a new software build is coming out at the end of this month which addresses lock ups while watching live TV.

In the meantime, I have begun turning off the power to the 5040 while I am not watching it. That way the live buffer is not filling up (and locking up), preventing my scheduled recordings from occuring. So far, no lock ups and playback is fine on recorded shows. It is still a pain, though. I love using the pause on Sundays while watching football.

I guess we will see if the new software build fixes it or not. If not, Tech Support will be generating another RMA for me.

Craig

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
They're talking about version 5.1, now in beta. '1400' means nothing, as the first 5.1 you see (shows as 510 in 411-Zones) will be the new one, of course.

I'm surprised they're advertising a date for when a beta, but we all shall see....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.