AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best place to get replacement bulb Z9000U...Best Price (no need to mention price) Range ???

· Registered
859 Posts
....might check with AVS. Also, have you looked up the Sharp part number for the replacement lamp in your manual and done an internet search? You might want to be extra wary about buying something like this over the internet from an unknown source -- it would be easy for someone to repackage used or defective lamps.

· Registered
9,766 Posts

· Registered
2,451 Posts
My lamp just blew tonight during the NLCS game. Scared the hell out of me!!! At first i thought it was a speaker popping, but when i came to my senses realized it was the bulb in my XV-Z9000. Yeah, i too am in need of a bulb at a good price hopefully.

Scott

· Registered
859 Posts
....bummer, Scott. Please keep us posted on where you buy the lamp. My 9000 lamp has about 1,200 hours, so I am keeping an eye on replacement sources.

· Registered
2,451 Posts
mine had 1100 hours on it. i used to work at Ultimate Electronics, so i am trying to get someone there to give me a deal. I'll keep you posted. Pulled the bulb out at lunch today, and thankfully it only shattered on the inside. No glass fragments are visible anywhere but inside the bulb. I wonder why it popped? Hope the new lamp doesn't do the same thing when i install it.

Scott

· Registered
859 Posts
....I bought my 9000 at Ultimate Electronics in Tulsa.

· Registered
2,451 Posts
contrary to what some will tell you, that is a good place to buy stuff. Ultimate is a great company that is struggling at the moment, but will probably make it through ok. I love my 9000. What a bummer i can't watch the ball games on the big screen. Thankfully i have a 42" mits. I guess things could be worse. I hope your bulb last the full 2000 hours.

Good luck.

Scott

· Registered
2,451 Posts
Both those sites list the lamp as a best seller. Guess we are not the only people having lamp problems.

I went ahead and ordered mine from Ultimate Electronics. Should be here by Sat. Hopefully i will be able to watch the Cardinals in the World Series on my screen.

Scott

· Registered
859 Posts
...can you PM me the details? Also did you check with AVS?

· Registered
882 Posts
Be prepared for a surprise when you replace the bulb.

You'll think you have a new projector.

I replaced an IF7200 bulb with 2350hrs on it.....WOW.

I didn't realize how dim it had become.

PS I always used it on low power.....so the 3000hr rating figure was BS in my case.

· Registered
2,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cajunlab
Be prepared for a surprise when you replace the bulb.

You'll think you have a new projector.

I replaced an IF7200 bulb with 2350hrs on it.....WOW.

I didn't realize how dim it had become.

PS I always used it on low power.....so the 3000hr rating figure was BS in my case.
So, i can tell my wife "Yeah, i know the bulb was $450, but look how bright the picture is while your watching HGTV!"

Scott

· Registered
2,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tat
I got a new bulb from Price Japan for under $400 all costs included. Received it within a few days.
Thanks for the tip. I cancelled my order with Partsearch, and ordered from Price Japan as well. Hope i get it soon, so i can watch the Cards kick butt on the Sox.

Scott

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.