AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a old sony projector, vpl-x1000u. The filter is about 1/8 inch think and it's black foam material.

Nonetheless, it's time to get a new filter and don't know what to replace it with.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its falling apart and has a small hole in it.i've been washing it every couple months

does anyone know a material that would work for it?

the filter is completely flat, and a black foam like material about 1/8 inch. I think some newer projectors still use similar filters.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I replaced one in an old Panasonic with a vent filter (that goes at the outlet, not at the furnace) I think it was also electrostatic for dust collection. I could cut one into about 10 small filters, and can toss it out every few months.

·
Registered
650 Posts
for a quick fix go to Home depot Lowe's or maybe even wally world and look for frost king Polyurethane Air conditioner filters. They are 30 PPI (pours per inch), Ideally you want a filter that is 100 PPI. If you have the projector permanently mounted I would look for a square shaped auto air filter available anywhere. They are by FAR the best if you can fit the projector with one. I have a Fram on my Sanyo and its great. It lasts a LONG time cleans easily and allows for great air flow

Bohanna

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.