AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm ready to go out on a limb and try the internal calibration option within the service menu of my projector (ADC) to either confirm or fix it's base internal grayscale which impacts the default color temps and any custom color temp I meter out. To do so, the service manual states to hook up a Quantum Data 202B, set to DTM1060 and use pattern W100B0 (looks like top half 100% white, bottom half full black). Everything I found in this forum indicates a signal generator is not actually needed, just the right pattern.

So a couple of questions for the experts here,

a) I assume if I burned a bmp image to a DVD-R and displayed it upscaled from my blue-ray player, that would meet the DTM1060 requirement.

b) Anyone know exactly what W100B0 really is (RGB 255,255,255, RGB 0,0,0) or would it be 235 white, 16 black? Does image resolution matter?

c) Am I foolish to try this

Thanks

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Whether or not you're foolish to try this really depends on your confidence level that you can identify and produce the exact correct test pattern, vs, what other grayscale calibration tools you have at your disposal and/or are willing to purchase.

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to your other questions.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still hoping someone out there knows the answers I'm searching for.

It would be much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts