AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a Denon avr-1909 receiver I bought a few years ago from Av123 when I bough my rockets and mfw. I'm not a huge audio geek, but I am a geek, so I wasn't afraid of the reviews of the denon... it sounded good but had a horrible manual, horrible menus, horrible remote.

Boy were they right.I have hated this thing since i got it. It has to be one of the worst examples of an non-user friendly piece of equipment I've ever seen.

My requirements haven't really changed, ie, it's still enough receiver for me. I just hate using it.

Would love to hear your suggestions for a more "user friendly" amp that compares to the old trusty denon avr-1909 sonically, price range, etc

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1417225/replacement-for-denon-1909#post_22161701

The newer Denon AVRs now use a GUI that makes user setup much easier than is the case with the 1909.

But the manuals are still horrible.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Congratulations!!

You have the worst HT receiver ever made for lousy remote control, rotten manual, and indecipherable setup procedure.

It is a prize winner all the way. If you don't believe me, read the CNET review, which also says exactly the same thing.

Do yourself a favor and buy yourself either a Cambridge Audio 551R or an Onkyo TX-NR709.

The sound quality will be much better, and every aspect of setup and operation will be a breeze compared to what you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedliver  /t/1417225/replacement-for-denon-1909#post_22161659

Ive got a Denon avr-1909 receiver I bought a few years ago from Av123 when I bough my rockets and mfw. I'm not a huge audio geek, but I am a geek, so I wasn't afraid of the reviews of the denon... it sounded good but had a horrible manual, horrible menus, horrible remote.

Boy were they right.I have hated this thing since i got it. It has to be one of the worst examples of an non-user friendly piece of equipment I've ever seen.

My requirements haven't really changed, ie, it's still enough receiver for me. I just hate using it.

Would love to hear your suggestions for a more "user friendly" amp that compares to the old trusty denon avr-1909 sonically, price range, etc

Thanks in advance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts