AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement Harddrive

336 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Creech 
#1 ·
Ok, I have my firegear on, so flame away.

I know that many of you have upgraded your hardrdives for more storage space. I had planned on doing the same to my RTV2020, before the HD went bad. I have since aquired another 2020, so the extra storage space is not an issue. I know, I know... but I'm only connected to an antenna. :( Anyway, I am looking for a replacement HD that is PNP for my unit. If any of you have an old HD that you would be willing to sell, let me know. Thanks.

L2446Treas@AOL.com

#2 ·
Mikeyboy can probably help you with this.

#4 ·
Thanks, I didn't realize that Mikeyboy sold drives. (sorry Mikeyboy) He helped me diagnose the problem that I was having with "No Video". The replacement drive doesn't necessarily need to be 20 gig, but, like I said it doesn't need to be 100+ either. I just would like to keep the install simple, no imaging, etc., just swap drives.

#5 ·
I got a drive from Mike about a year ago for my SS. It worked great. I would highly suggest working with him. He even sent cable ties to secure the drive.

Other things you could try include getting your own drive and seeing if there is someone local to you who would like to help you out--what city do you live in?

You could get your own drive and ship it to Mike. I betcha he would image it for you pretty cheap.

I'd offer up my old SS drive, but the image wouldn't work on a 2xxx series.

Good luck!

Matthew in CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.