AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at 3,500 hours on my Epson HC3500 so it's time to start looking for a replacement bulb. Unfortunately, I was not an early adapter that was able to buy the replacement lamp for $149 before Epson jacked the price up inexplicably to $299. So, I'm shopping around. I've seen customer reviews elsewhere online for Mendtronix and Pureland Supply but have no way of knowing whether they are company shills doing the reviews.

Can anyone comment on their lamp buying experiences with these two companies? There is a deep discount if I do decide to go in this direction.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Mendtronix is primarily (AFAIK) a projector repair facility (I had sent my JVC projector in for warranty repair service) but yes they also sell bulbs but I haven't bought from them. The lamp will be genuine. Can't comment on their return/replacement policies.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bulb from Pureland didn't last very long. When I called them, they tried to say it was a faulty fan in my TV. Not going back to them.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I bought a replacement lamp with assembly from Mendtronix. It is for a JVC RS40 and was $199 instead of $450 for one from JVC. So far it has worked fine although I haven't put too many hours on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts