AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into the possibility of replacing the lamp on my Infocus Screenplay 5700 vs. purchasing a new projector. I've done alot of reading on the forum about making sure that I buy an OEM lamp. Here is my question, besides buying from Infocus directly how do I know if it "Really" is an OEM. I see on a couple of websites www.provantage.com and www.bulbtogo.com that seem legit and are still cheaper than the $560 price tag at Infocus or Visual Apex.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge on the above websites or should I really just upgrade my projector?

·
Registered
6,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msujohn /forum/post/19552357

I'm looking into the possibility of replacing the lamp on my Infocus Screenplay 5700 vs. purchasing a new projector. I've done alot of reading on the forum about making sure that I buy an OEM lamp. Here is my question, besides buying from Infocus directly how do I know if it "Really" is an OEM. I see on a couple of websites www.provantage.com and www.bulbtogo.com that seem legit and are still cheaper than the $560 price tag at Infocus or Visual Apex.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge on the above websites or should I really just upgrade my projector?

Provantage sells both OEM and Replacement lamps. The OEM versions say (BY Infocuse) and show the logo and link to the manufacture website. The other Datastor kockoffs are just that..

I have personalty purchased a Mitsubishi OEM from them as well as a remote, the experience was 100% positive.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have first hand knowledge of provantage. They are a reputable seller and I have done business with them for years. They ship from the warehouse or drop-ship items.

Their return policy is very strict.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I recently replaced the lamp and housing for my Infocus X10 and did not want to pay the $400 Infocus was charging (my previous lamp that came with the X10 prematurely failed and after getting the new lamp I believed the original was faulty to begin with) I decided to go with someone else. I was more interested in the longest warranty and I found it with Projectorquest.com that gave 6 months. Their lamp was not OEM but after about a month it has performed well (even better than the original Infocus lamp).

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts