AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, folks...

My eldest son had a really big issue over the weekend. He broke up with his live-in girlfriend. She waited for him to leave for work and she smashed all and I mean ALL of his stuff.

Among the items was a 2001 Mitsubishi WS-55857 which I gave to him when I got my new display. She stabbed the screen, all the way through. None of the internal mechanisms seemed to have been impacted.

My question is: Can anybody lead me to the place I could find a replacment for him, at the lowest possible cost? This is a very serious situation and I want to try to help any way I can. However, he is an adult (22) and there is only so much I can do. I can relate to him, as I'm sure every member of this board can, that this type of damage crushed him.

Any assistance you fine folks could render would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Will Munshower

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Munshower /forum/post/14189638

Hey, folks...

My eldest son had a really big issue over the weekend. He broke up with his live-in girlfriend. She waited for him to leave for work and she smashed all and I mean ALL of his stuff.

Among the items was a 2001 Mitsubishi WS-55857 which I gave to him when I got my new display. She stabbed the screen, all the way through. None of the internal mechanisms seemed to have been impacted.

My question is: Can anybody lead me to the place I could find a replacment for him, at the lowest possible cost? This is a very serious situation and I want to try to help any way I can. However, he is an adult (22) and there is only so much I can do. I can relate to him, as I'm sure every member of this board can, that this type of damage crushed him.

Any assistance you fine folks could render would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Will Munshower

This section of AVS forum is really for those who pair front projection screens with standalone front projectors. Or, on occasion, pair a rear projection screen with a standalone front projector, where the screen has a different formulation than a front projection screen and is designed to be lit up from the rear, but is still a separate unit from the projector. Your issue is with a screen attached to an all-in-one rear projection system. You would find a lot more forum members knowledgeable about your type of screen in the rear projection section of the forum at:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...sprune=14&f=63

Maybe if you browsed Craigslist, you could find someone looking to unload an old rear projection TV. Sometimes, they are offered in the 'free' section. I came across a rear projection TV offered for free in the Boston area just a few days ago. People looking to unload a TV like that for free or for peanuts are usually either moving or they've just bought a flat panel and have no use for the rear projection unit anymore and want to free up the space.

If only I had the room and a pickup truck, I might have picked up a NordicTrack and a rowing machine, too.

An alternative is to get into front projection, but you would be best off spending at least $700 to get a fairly decent front projector, and then room conditions become a big factor. A 120" diagonal image is mighty pretty impressive, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts