AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title says. I got this speaker set back in Aug 2008 as a gift, and noticed Bose's warranty is only 1yr in the USA I guess.

The speaker that sounds (still works though) blow is the right channel. I have no idea what's in the speaker container, as I haven't taken it apart yet, like if there are one or two etc. speakers in there.

I am highly capable of fixing it myself, but don't really know where to get a replacement speaker from as I can't find anything..

I'm also willing to buy the entire speaker container itself if need be..

Is this normal for Bose quality? I rarely use the speakers, so it is sorta shocking to me for $250 computer speakers to break already..

Any suggestions?

-Blaise

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Bo$e and "quality" are not to be used in the same sentence.

The only source of parts or repair is Bo$e - it is a totally proprietary and closed system.

Call their customer service department and see what they will do - it's your only option if you want to keep the Bose system.

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
Since when did Bose only have 1 year warranties on their speakers? This is news to me. You pay high prices AND only get a one year warranty? That's not good.

·
Registered
435 Posts
You may want to look into another set of computer speakers that cost a whole lot less and work a whole lot better, such as something from Logitech, which would run you no more than $50.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_vanmeter /forum/post/18160234

Bo$e and "quality" are not to be used in the same sentence.

The only source of parts or repair is Bo$e - it is a totally proprietary and closed system.

Call their customer service department and see what they will do - it's your only option if you want to keep the Bose system.

lol thought they were the best

So I'll give them a call and see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18161275

Since when did Bose only have 1 year warranties on their speakers? This is news to me. You pay high prices AND only get a one year warranty? That's not good.

I could be wrong on that, I found the info on their site, says 1 yr, and 2 yr for EU. Yup I'm def. disappointed, so far, I'll call em'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin29311 /forum/post/18162047

You may want to look into another set of computer speakers that cost a whole lot less and work a whole lot better, such as something from Logitech, which would run you no more than $50.

Well maybe I'll get em' fixed, sell them, and take your advice and look into another brand.. Sux cuz I have three things made by Bose!! ipod Sounddock, Stock car audio, and PC speakers, others good so far.. and I'll say i do jam out in my car a lot!

thanks for your replies/help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts