AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have or should I say, had a plate amplifier LT/350 that was from edesign audio from 2009/10 ish. Recently, the amp would no longer take in signal to turn on, When I could get it to come on from a full power off, it would turn on before the amp would clip (subwoofer was very muddy) or put itself into protection for reasons unknown. So, I pulled out the amp only to find that there are brown coloring around 4 different areas.

Do they make a plate amp replacement for this one? I measured the plate amp and it's 10" L x 10" W x 4.5" D. I read that Dayton 250W amp may work. But I can't find dimensions. Thanks.

Aaron

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone,

I have or should I say, had a plate amplifier LT/350 that was from edesign audio from 2009/10 ish. Recently, the amp would no longer take in signal to turn on, When I could get it to come on from a full power off, it would turn on before the amp would clip (subwoofer was very muddy) or put itself into protection for reasons unknown. So, I pulled out the amp only to find that there are brown coloring around 4 different areas.

Do they make a plate amp replacement for this one? I measured the plate amp and it's 10" L x 10" W x 4.5" D. I read that Dayton 250W amp may work. But I can't find dimensions. Thanks.

Aaron
Just to add, I am now wondering if the voice coils are going bad. It's like a weird muddy/clipping sound. When this happens, the amp goes into red instead of the supposed green. The eD sub model is 130v.2 dual 2

Looking at a couple of options like the Dayton Auduo UM12-22.

I'll leave it up to you where the problem might be. all cable connections on the amp are secure. No bulging capacitors.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
All the plate amps at Parts Express have detailed specifications of their sizes. PE lists them under A,B,C,D on thee description of each plate amp on their Web site.
I have two PE plate amps that work fine.

You can connect an mp3- or dvd-player directly to the subwoofer. Make sure you turn down the gain on the subwoofer first. If you do not get sound, then either the driver or the amp is bad.

You can check the driver by connecting a 9v battery to its plus and minus terminals. If the driver moves, you are ok. You can also use a volt/ohm meter. If it jumps between 0 and infinity,then the driver is bad. A bad driver can destroy an amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts