AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

The power cord that comes with the Epson 5010 sticks out more then an inch, causing a large gap between the wall & the back of the projector. This pushes the projector an inch or so forward. That inch or so is causing just enough shortage in the throw distance to reduce my screen size just a tad from the full 150", which is the size of my Screen.

I'm wondering if there's a low profile / thinner replacement power cord that I can buy which will eliminate that gap.

This is what I currently have plugged into the Epson 5010, and you can see the large gap between the back of the wall & the projector caused by the large horizontal head on the power cord.

Here's an example of a thin power cord head:

Just wondering if someone in a similar situation managed to use a different power cord with a thinner head.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
The power cord on the back of the 5030 is a standard IEC power cord which is what is on many electronics devices and computers and televisions.

Hopefully this search will work for you as a link...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ngle power cord&sprefix=iec+right+angle+p,aps

If not, hit up Amazon and search for iec right angle power cord and you will get a fair number of hits.

The right angle cords stick out the back of the projector by about half as much as what you have and will fix the issue you are running into. About 10 bucks or so depending on who you buy from.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The power cord on the back of the 5030 is a standard IEC power cord which is what is on many electronics devices and computers and televisions.

Hopefully this search will work for you as a link...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ngle power cord&sprefix=iec+right+angle+p,aps

If not, hit up Amazon and search for iec right angle power cord and you will get a fair number of hits.

The right angle cords stick out the back of the projector by about half as much as what you have and will fix the issue you are running into. About 10 bucks or so depending on who you buy from.
Excellent!! That is exactly what I will do. Thanks for the information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts