AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I currently have a samsung plasma model HP-T5054 which has been working great for the past three years. I sit 9 to 10 feet back and its starting to look small. I'm thinking about picking up a 65c9 mitsubishi dlp and was wondering how they compare picture wise. Is my distance fine for 65"? I was reading about overscan and geometry issues. Are they that bad? Will be used for hidef tv and videogames as i use a projector for movies.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8desifer /forum/post/18284519

Hi,

I currently have a samsung plasma model HP-T5054 which has been working great for the past three years. I sit 9 to 10 feet back and its starting to look small. I'm thinking about picking up a 65c9 mitsubishi dlp and was wondering how they compare picture wise. Is my distance fine for 65"? I was reading about overscan and geometry issues. Are they that bad? Will be used for hidef tv and videogames as i use a projector for movies.

Thanks.

I sit 9-10 ft back and I have the 82"
But you'll be in a good spot with a 65" according to this chart http://s3.carltonbale.com/resolution_chart.html . I can't speak for the 65" but I can tell you that I had virtually no geometry issues on mine (just purchased 2 weeks ago). I manually adjusted the lines for 4:3 screens as there was a slight bow to them but that was all. Wasn't noticeable at all during normal viewing. Generally speaking I would put the pic quality just under plasma but I am very satisfied with mine. Good blacks, good color, plenty bright enough and no glare. I would def recommend DLP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts