AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Its been a while since ive been on here, but a few years ago I put abus in our single level house and I have an HK AVR-3600 which has abus. We moved and I took the keypads and amp with me (buyer didnt want it). Well the hose we moved into is a two story, and I would like to get some whole home audio going so far ive looked at sonos and the russ sound products. I had an idea that I could actually install the abus stuff upstairs since I have attic access, and then interface that with a sonos or russ sound item via wireless to the receiver. This isn't very clean but its cost effective.

Ideally this is what I want in the end.

5.1 will still be wired in the living downstairs, there are runs for that
1 speaker in the family room (which is also down stairs) (no wire access)
2 speakers upstairs (attic access)
1 - something I can take out by the pool.

The sonos seems like the best solution, but its expense makes me want to abandon the whole project all together so im looking for alts. Any help or ideas would be great.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hello all,

Its been a while since ive been on here, but a few years ago I put abus in our single level house and I have an HK AVR-3600 which has abus. We moved and I took the keypads and amp with me (buyer didnt want it). Well the hose we moved into is a two story, and I would like to get some whole home audio going so far ive looked at sonos and the russ sound products. I had an idea that I could actually install the abus stuff upstairs since I have attic access, and then interface that with a sonos or russ sound item via wireless to the receiver. This isn't very clean but its cost effective.

Ideally this is what I want in the end.

5.1 will still be wired in the living downstairs, there are runs for that
1 speaker in the family room (which is also down stairs) (no wire access)
2 speakers upstairs (attic access)
1 - something I can take out by the pool.

The sonos seems like the best solution, but its expense makes me want to abandon the whole project all together so im looking for alts. Any help or ideas would be great.
Have you checked the Audio/Video Distribution subforum? Not trying to blow you off. They have a wealth of info and some knowledgeable posters there and you might find a solution that fits your needs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked the Audio/Video Distribution subforum? Not trying to blow you off. They have a wealth of info and some knowledgeable posters there and you might find a solution that fits your needs.

I didn't see it on the forum list. I will cross post this there since that's where it belongs. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.