AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently blew my Onkyo HT-S3500 woofer and had to replace it, it was working great until the bass started cutting out. If I bang on the sub box it'll kick back in momentarily and when I opened up the box and started knocking on the panel it does the same, I was figuring maybe the soldering on a transistor or some such on the panel wore out and that it can't withstand the bass. It's not in the wiring or the woofer as far as I can tell.

Many of the powered down firing subwoofers that I've looked at online (such as this: http://www.amazon.com/Earthquake-Theater-Powered-Subwoofer-SUB-80X/dp/B004TBY836 ) have speaker terminals located on the subwoofer itself, but there's terminals located on my receiver. The line in ports on these subwoofers are also l/r rather than just mono, I'm presuming that I could just use a mono to l/r cable? Would any compatibility issues arise from the either of these differences?

I was hoping someone could recommend me a *cheap* replacement or even an entire panel that I can just rewire in lieu of the old one.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts