AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I have a set of Infinity Reference Two bookshelves, one with a blown driver. I would like to replace the driver if a suitable replacement is available.

Where can I look? What info should I have? Is there any particular driver I should stay away from?

This is all the info I have on the speaker,

Frequency Response 50Hz - 25kHz

Crossover Frequency 3000Hz

Sensitivity 90dB (1 watt/1 meter)

Nominal Impedance 6 ohms

Power Rating 15 - 100 watts

Woofer 8" (20.3cm) IMG

Tweeter 1" (2.5cm) Polycell

Thanks

·
Registered
761 Posts
Pull the bad driver, call the manufacturer to see if they can provide a replacement. If not then go to Parts Express and see if they can match it with one they have.

·
Registered
465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindred /forum/post/12895474

I need some help. I have a set of Infinity Reference Two bookshelves, one with a blown driver. I would like to replace the driver if a suitable replacement is available.

Where can I look? What info should I have? Is there any particular driver I should stay away from?

This is all the info I have on the speaker,

Frequency Response 50Hz - 25kHz

Crossover Frequency 3000Hz

Sensitivity 90dB (1 watt/1 meter)

Nominal Impedance 6 ohms

Power Rating 15 - 100 watts

Woofer 8" (20.3cm) IMG

Tweeter 1" (2.5cm) Polycell

Thanks

Look on ebay. I see a lot of Infinity drivers being sold there...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Infinity doesn't make or offer a replacement. Parts Express doesn't have a match in 6 ohms, they have a $13 8 ohm. That couldn't be worth my time, could it?

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can chime in here and help you out. I would think that you could purchase a new speaker that matches what was blown. By the way, which driver are we talking about here...the tweeter, or the 8" speaker?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the 8". I don't mind spending a couple of bucks to fix this. I plan on replacing the 8's in both cabs. I just want quality sound. They're nice little speakers. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts