AVS Forum banner
  • Take part in a short activity and share your valuable opinion on new design concepts for AVSForum! >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Replacing Klipsch KG 5.5 Towers

759 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  zieglj01
Hi, my current HT setup consists of Denon AVR S730-H, Klipsch KG 5.5 Tower front speakers, Klipsch RP 250C center, Polk OWM 3 Front Surrounds and Polk OWM3 rear surrounds and an SVS SB2000. My question, is changing out my KG 5.5s for Polk S60's (with a matching center channel S30 or S35) going to be an upgrade? Open to other suggestions for a new front sound stage (LCR) for $1000-$1200. Thanks!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Hi, my current HT setup consists of Denon AVR S730-H, Klipsch KG 5.5 Tower front speakers, Klipsch RP 250C center, Polk OWM 3 Front Surrounds and Polk OWM3 rear surrounds and an SVS SB2000. My question, is changing out my KG 5.5s for Polk S60's (with a matching center channel S30 or S35) going to be an upgrade? Open to other suggestions for a new front sound stage (LCR) for $1000-$1200. Thanks!
Those kg 5.5's are pretty good. I had 4.5's while my friend had 5.5's. I'm not sure the s60's would be much of an upgrade if any. Are you looking for a different sound? Anything you don't like about the kg's? If you like klipsch I'd look at the new rp line.
Look at the Klipsch RP series speakers
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.