AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just had a thought while I was pounding on my mfw's...

What if I blow one? The thought came to mind...

Easy my brain responded with an answer, replace them with 18's. Which got me to thinking, are there any 18's that would work in a 7.5 ft3 dual opposed set up?

Not that I think I need more displacement, but hey, I figured if I was dreaming, mine as well dream big....

So dream with me, what's out there that would work?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That I knew, but thanks for the confirmation. I am looking at UPGRADING, to the realm of 18's..

So, anyone?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lmao, more just figuring out, what's out there. price points, performance.. that sort of thing.. Not seriously thinking time to upgrade, more thinking Christmas present? lol...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But honestly more than likely, my next audio purchase will be a new center channel.

Thinking

To go with my monitor 11's.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry. Didn't get past blown woofer/replacement. That being said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian
LMS Ultra

+1 That's dreaming big, and should help quell your upgraditis! You didn't mention a budget...

·
Registered
332 Posts
It's not perfect for them but you could put a Fi SSD or Fi Q in them and get a Q of .77. Modeling shows you'd be up 5db @ 20hz and 10db @ 50hz by going with either of the two Fi options. Each cab would ideally be powered with a EP4000 bridged. In an enclosure that size I show you could run a EP4000 for each Q18 and still be within xmax, but you'd only gain 3 db by going that route. You would gain an additional 2.5-4db below 20hz by going to the LMS but at the cost of an additional $1200!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For now I am going to say the LMS ultra is a pipe dream, with five kids, my money is much more limited than just my wishes.

That being said, are there any decent 18's that would operate in a dual opposed cab, at 7.5 cb ft for up to 300 a piece? If I have to go more I will, but ideally I would like to use one ep4000 to power both cabinets...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shared, and sealed.. dual opposed.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Don't forget FI audio.

It seems the golden age of a good selection of 18's has past. Hopefully, that will change.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what series ed drivers?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So can you get the ed driver in 8 ohm? Cause that would be sweet, I could wire in parellel and get more out of my amp...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Already did..
email that is...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.