AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sony hs20 has seen better days. Its in a dedicated room with a 92 screen with black around screen wall and entire ceiling. The picture on the old Sony is pretty good in my opinion when something bright is on the screeen....sports and bright movies all look great. I noticed when playing a darker movie the detail gets lost big time... I just got home from the store and havnt broke the seal on the optoma yet...I know its not that great of a pj to alot of you on here but I just hope its an upgrade in picture quality comapred to my sony hs20. I will just be watching blu rays through hdmi 1080p. The Optoma will be set up on table top so no need for lens shift. Money is tight....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so airscapes... Drinking coffee right now before I open the box up.. I have buyers remorse right now but hope that will all go away when I fire it up......projector that is...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to late....

Have it all hooked up and running. Plenty of picture pop coming off the 92 white matte screen through blu ray. Its like watching my collection for the first time again with all the new detail Im seeing. Im not going to complain about black levels and all that number stuff.... The black level is way better then my sony hs20 and thats all that matters to me. Im a little confused on what to set my blu ray player on.. 24fps or 60.. I just set it on auto and it mostely pics 24... I know theres better projectors out there but for under a grand Im very happy with it..... No matter how great your setup is theres always someone with a better one....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts