AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replacing my Optima HD25-LV? Looking for advice!

Hi everyone!

Y'all gave me some great advice in the past and I ended up going with an HD25-LV for my living room - I use this thing pretty daily and have had it for a few years. I went with it primarily because of lumen output (as this is in my living room) - there is not a TON of ambient light but it certainly is not DARK in there.

Anyway, the bulb is pretty much shot and I'm wondering if I should replace it, or if there have been significant improvements in projector technology and I should consider something else. I'd be willing to spend up to $2k if it's worth it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
946 Posts
IMO you should get a new bulb if you are happy with it. By the time the new bulb wears out, there will probably be 4K DLPs under 2K and there will be a lot more content.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO you should get a new bulb if you are happy with it. By the time the new bulb wears out, there will probably be 4K DLPs under 2K and there will be a lot more content.
Thanks for the feedback! Now I'm not sure if I just need to buy a bulb or the full lamp - it still WORKS, it's just got alot of hours on it and clearly needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
946 Posts
EBay has the whole modules for around $120, and the authorized dealers are around $180 from a quick Google search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts