AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm taking the plunge (or is it leap?) into the 3D blu ray world so I need to replace my Yamaha RX-V663 receiver that I've had for two years now.

Now I don't have that big of a budget for the receiver. I have a 5.1 surround system, not looking to upgrade to 7.1 any time in the forseeable future. For my fronts and rears I have Paradigm Titans and my center is a Paradigm CC-150. My sub is a Paradigm PS-1000. Ive had these since 1998 and I am in love with them.

At any rate when I watch my movies currently I listen around -24db to -19db as my volume.

Because of my budget issues I was looking at the 467. I'm not very knowledgeable with watts etc (a friend who unfortunately I don't have contact with anymore helped me pick out my first receiver (the yamaha rx-793) and the the 663).

If I get the 467 would I see/hear a big difference in sound quality? I'm assuming my speakers will be fine with the 467.

Its right within my budget range which is why I'm looking at it.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
if you don't "need" 3D processing over HDMI 1.4a, then consider the well priced V765 and V1065 at newegg.com (authorized Yamaha dealer)

I just noticed the V765 is out-of-stock, but they will notify you when the shipment is received. Apparently the V1065 is completely sold out and will not be restocked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.