Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My NEC went bonkers on me so now I am in the market for another 42" plasma- I considered a 50" but I only have 5K to work with. Based on what I have seen in this forum, it appears as though Panny is ruling the 42" circuit so I guess the first question is, which is the best 42" panny and what are the commercial vs. consumer part numbers?

I am looking at a guide showing 3 different 42" panny's

TH-42PA20U/P

TH-42PX20U/P

PT-42PHD4-P

What are the benefits of one over the other and if there are some other top contenders besides Panny, let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the panasonic models as well, but am buying the Sony 42" xs910. It deserves a look. A lot of people on these forums seem to be down on the ALiS technology. I'm no techno-head, but it seems logical to me that the technology may add longer life to the ALiS plasmas compared to non-ALiS.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by archi1
Hi,

My NEC went bonkers on me so now I am in the market for another 42" plasma- I considered a 50" but I only have 5K to work with. Based on what I have seen in this forum, it appears as though Panny is ruling the 42" circuit so I guess the first question is, which is the best 42" panny and what are the commercial vs. consumer part numbers?

I am looking at a guide showing 3 different 42" panny's

TH-42PA20U/P

TH-42PX20U/P

PT-42PHD4-P

What are the benefits of one over the other and if there are some other top contenders besides Panny, let me know.

Thanks
hehe, thats a great question to ask in a for the most part a Panasonic forum, look at your first 2 opinions tells it all, it's like asking what car is best right now in a Chevy forum, hehe.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Once you own an NEC you won't be satisfied with another brand.

For quality, features and connectivity NEC is your best choice.

For me the "Zoom" button is its best feature. It allows me to eliminate the 2.35:1 black bars instantly and doesn't affect the scaling of the picture.

Try it with a DVI equipped upscaling DVD player and prepare to be amazed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.