AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Replay 2020B has very quiet TouchTone sounds when trying to dial. The result is that the phone company can't tell that it is trying to dial out. If I turn on pulse dial, it dials, but can't connect to the server. My guess is that my modem tones are too quiet, too. Has anyone seen this problem?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Can't say I've seen that exact problem. Most likely the modem is defective. It's worth a try cold booting (unplug the recorder for 1 minute). As a last ditch effort perform a 777 zones "restore factory default". This will delete all recordings and you'll have to run setup again. If it still will not connect the modem requires servicing. I carry replacement motherboards and do modem repair. If interested see my replaytv parts link.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the 777 factory restore. The TouchTone sounds are very quite if you listen in on another phone on this unit compared to my other ReplayTV 3030 unit. Is there an op amp after the TELOUT/TELIN on the modem chip? I can't tell what all of the components are. Any idea what would make the unit dial quietly? The price of Mikeyboy's replacement board is very good. I will probe around with a scope in the next day or two, but if I can't figure out what is wrong I will just order a replacement board. Any other pointer would be appreciated.

-Richard

·
Registered
615 Posts
The only other thing I can think of to try is to approach this from the other end.

Unplug ALL devices (telephones, modems, etc.) from the phone line except for the replay. Try to do a net connect (you won't be able to hear the tones but you'll be able to see if the connect works.)

There might be a faulty telephone device that's plugged into the line that's somehow making the replay upset. It's worth a shot to give it a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.