AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

replay 3000 error / software update 110 mistake

341 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  ReplayLyndon
When attempting to connect my replay 3000 started getting a error I identified as c1008507. After some

obscure sniffing around I found that one of the queries from the replay to the server is a script called

getsw.pl

which apparently looks for software updates.

The surprising thing is that instead of the normal no update for 3000-series folks i would expect, I got the following (which clearly seems to be a mistake):

500 Internal Error

Cannot determine update: Error in control file:

Global symbol "$zRTV_Denali_Modem_Testers_ver" requires explicit package name at (eval 357) line 209.

Global symbol "$zRTV_Denali_Modem_Testers_ver" requires explicit package name at (eval 357) line 209.

Global symbol "$zAVS_50_Build_110_Beta_ver" requires explicit package name at (eval 357) line 233.

Global symbol "$zAVS_50_Build_110_Beta_ver" requires explicit package name at (eval 357) line 233.

Global symbol "$zModem_Fix_Beta_Test_ver" requires explicit package name at (eval 357) line 353.

Global symbol "$zModem_Fix_Beta_Test_ver" requires explicit package name at (eval 357) line 353.
See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I wouldn't get too irate just yet. I think DNNA is in the middle of changing the servers around for the beta test for the next release of code for the 5000's. Things may be in a state of flux at the moment so just be patient while they get things settled.

I am having issues updating with both of my 5040's tonight. They indicate there is an issue with the ReokayTV Service and will try agin later when they reach the Combining Data 80% point during a Net Connect.

I'll bet things will be back to normal tomorrow..... :D
Huh, interesting dump of invalid symbols there! :) All I got was a crummy 'try again later'. All of my 5000s do the same thing, so forget it for tonight.
Those symbols didn't get displayed by the replay itself. I saw that stuff by examining the data stream that was passing from the server to the replay. All the replay was saying was something like the usual "try again later".

-g
that's pretty interesting... I sure hope it's not a sign that the 2 and 3k boxes are about to get a "mysterious" update... They just got the splash screen fixed last week!
It's a non-fatal error. Your guide data is still being updated so I wouldn't

worry too much about it. I'm sure it'll be fixed within a day or 2.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.