AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on AVS but I've been lurking for months and have learned much and have had most of my questions answered

by searching the threads! What a resource!

Like many others on this fourm I'm anticipating delivery of my Replay 4000. One of the reasons I purchased this unit to augment

my 3060 is to take advantage of the 480p output.

My display is a RCA mm5210 with 2 VGA ins, one connecting a

DTC100 and the other from a HTPC leaving nowhere to connect

the VGA from RTV4000. I have looked a KVM switches and at manual pushbutton A/B monitor switches, but these solutions violate couch potato protocol [I'd have to get up]

Anyone know of a 2 VGA into 1 auto switch? {My progressive input has 2 Pioneer DV727s so thats out]

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Sima makes a nice 4 input autoswitch that works with composite or s-vid inputs. It also is I/R controllable. Reasonable price as well. The model is SVS-4 Check it out here http://www.simacorp.com/avcomp.html

Good Luck

Oops, what am I thinking, you said VGA-RGB stuff! Ignore this answer! My Pioneer Elite has only 1 VGA input so I will be needing a VGA switch as well when the 4000 arrives. I'll check with the guys at work...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Extron makes a RGBHV switch 4 in 1 out that you can buy an optional IR receiver module for. It will cost some where in the neighborhood of $1000. I have been trying to get a KVM switch to work with an IR Keyboard but have not had much luck getting it to work. For one the Linksys KVM switch won let you switch via keyboard to an input that does not have a keyboard connected to it. Since I only have one device that has a keyboard connection, my HTPC, it has not panned out the way I would have liked.

I you come up with a solution that costs less than $200.00 let me know. I hate getting up to press a switch to change from my RTV4000 to my HTPC, HDTV or Sega.

ReplayEric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.