AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, to this only works for the first 10 people, so act quick. As a Yahoo employee, 10 of my friends or family are entitled to a 15% discount on any Sonicblue product, plus free shipping. So, the price of a Replay 5040 is $299, less the two $50 rebates, less my employee discount of $45 brings the cost before activation to $154. Go here, and input my name, Jerry Yang, for the discount.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once you enter the site through that link, you're cookied so that you automatically receive the 15% discount on subsequent visits to the sonicblue store. If you have your firewall block cookies, the price jumps up to $299. They certainly aren't enforcing the 10 person limit though.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Thanks man. Just ordered 1. They apear to be still "out of stock" now. I just hope they honor the price and dual rebates when they do ship.

To anyone thinking of taking advantage of this great deal. One of the two rebates expires of 31 DEC 02, so the price is $254 -$50 -$50 = $154 until 31 DEC 02, then it goes up to $254 - $50 = $204.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lasellerusa
Go here, and input my name, Jerry Yang, for the discount.
Uhhh....are you *the* Jerry Yang, or you just found out about the discount and he was the only Yahoo! employee you could think of?

Just curious, really. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Guys,

You will only be allowed one rebate as each rebate requires the ORIGINAL UPC code on the box.

Hope this helps anyone in their decision.

Nic

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by namechamps
Thanks man. Just ordered 1. They apear to be still "out of stock" now. I just hope they honor the price and dual rebates when they do ship.

To anyone thinking of taking advantage of this great deal. One of the two rebates expires of 31 DEC 02, so the price is $254 -$50 -$50 = $154 until 31 DEC 02, then it goes up to $254 - $50 = $204.
I was told that the expiring rebate will be extended until Feb / March, so no worries.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Randy,

I see what you are talking about in the offer 2800-T.

However,

How will you do it?

Will you send it both to the 2800-T offer with both rebate forms and the single UPC code or send it in to the other offer addy?

Seems confusing, but yes you are right it clearly state you can receieve a total of $100 in rebates.

Then it says "Ask your retailer for details".

Nic

·
Registered
209 Posts
WHEW!

Here is the skinny on everything guys. Just got off the phone with a rep at the customer service center number listed on the rebate form.

Here is what you will need to do to get the $100 rebates.

Send both forms with the invoice and UPC code in one envelope.

On the envelope:

ReplayTV offer

Offer 2800-T & 2597-T

PO Box 42971

Mesa, AZ 85274-2971

That should get everyone the rebates, or so I am told.

Note there is an error in zip code on the 2597 rebate form.

Hope this helps you guys!

Nic

·
Registered
17 Posts
While you're at it, why don't you use the name David Filo, or any other well known Yahoo founder/employee. They all seem to work.

·
Registered
231 Posts
First up, thanks lasellerusa for the heads up... I just ordered another one...

Second, the order status seems to be back to "In Stock" hopefully I won't be receiving an email shortly stating otherwise...

Lastly, just for curiosity... I wend back to the website and put in my name as a friend... (I've never bee affiliated with Yahoo) and it stated "you eligibility has been verified" so I guess abrimberry was right. :confused:

Oh well, since I had already bought it before trying my name... I guess I have a new friend, Jerry Yang. :p

cheers,

·
Registered
94 Posts
lasellerusa hinted at the response to it being available to everyone. If you visit the store before going through the link he provided and submitting his name, the price is $299. Once you go through his link, you are given a cookie that shows you qualify for the Friends/Family deal. That's why $259 shows when you go directly to the store, the cookie signifies you qualify for the discount. Thanks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well, if you feel bad about defrauding Yahoo on the claim that you have a friend who works there, and you have another $15 to blow, bensbargains has a legitimate vendor selling the 5040 for $169 after rebate. Free shipping.

Go to www.bensbargains.net

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow, thanks lasellerusa. I just ordered one. I guess I'll return the 5040 I just bought last week at GG. The fan was kinda loud anyways. I'm on the second evaluation day of my 5040. So far, its updated the OS and I haven't noticed any rebooting problem or lack of remote response problems. Let's hope these new 5040's do well.

I wondered why SB started offering the second $50 rebate? Are they getting ready to change the model or are they just blowing out inventory? Next rush I see will be for new large Maxtor drives to upgrade these puppies and get some decent quality out of them at the reduced compression levels. If anything, at least SB will raise some cash with the $250 activation fees. That's got to be the catch for this special promo - EOY cash infusion. Well, I'd like to see SB continue to improve ReplyTV and develop a better interface than TiVO. Maybe they can hire some Replay engineers back.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anybody else get this e-mail after ordering?

"Please verify by replying to this email, the name, billing and shipping address for the SONICblue (Diamond) order to ship. Verify within 24 hours of the date of this email or the order may be cancelled.

Thank You."

Then it had the order number and customer number at the bottom.

I've never ordered anything from Sonicblue, but I've never had any other online retailer ask me to do this.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.