Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Comcast is rolling out On Demand to our area in Nov. It's included as part of our digital cable. Has anyone had any experience integrating this with their Replay's? I'm assuming I need to use the cable remote to choose and pick which On Demand show I want to play. Is it just as simple as using the cable remote when I want to view one of these shows?

Wayne

·
Registered
971 Posts
You are correct. That's how it works for DirecTV and other PPV. Just keep these three things in mind:

1. Don't have anything scheduled to record while you view. if you do, the channel will change.

2. ReplayTV has a slight delay from live due to buffering, so key presses on your Cable Remote will appear sluggish. Just go slowly and be methodical about it.

3. If you want to record the show, set up a manual recording and manually set up the recording parameters. If the channel is not in your Program Guide, then you will probably have to manually tune to it when the recording begins.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have on-demand service from Cablevision. The delay got annoying, so I hooked up the s-video output of the cable box to a manual switch. Now, when I watch on-demand shows, I switch to the direct feed from the box.

You do have to be careful about recorded shows, though, since you won't see any Replay messages warning you of an upcoming recording.

I hope DNNA is at least talking to cable companies about integrating on-demand service...I currently pay $6.95/mo for Anime on-demand, and I'd gladly pay another few bucks for Replay integration. Or they could cut out the middleman entirely and offer on-demand shows over Ethernet (well, almost on-demand, considering download time) for a fee. I would much rather give my money to DNNA instead of the local cable monopoly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.