AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running several Replay units with the Sony SAT B-65 D* receivers without problems for over a year now. Lately, using the IR Blaster as usual, every time we change channels, the almanac menu comes up with the favorites list. It takes five minutes for this menu to die on its own so if I set the machine up to record it invariably has this butt ugly menu along for the ride.

Any clues here? I have tried all the other Sony codes with zip to show for it.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
No idea, by why not use serial with the b-65? Doesn't that unit have the serial port? If so, that's a much better way of remote control of the receiver.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would that I could. The B-65s do not have a serial port. The previous D* receivers had serial ports and we had zero problems. sigh.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same problem. I called d** to reestate my older model that i was using before i had replaytv, becuase of the serial cable rookup.

Do you have this option?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Using the older model is not an option as we now have the 3LNB HiDef dish.

·
Registered
915 Posts
It's possible your satellite boxes might have had their software updated. The menup popping up is normally caused by an extra "enter' command. Try changing SENT ENTER to NO on each code and see which one works for you.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mhardyman
Using the older model is not an option as we now have the 3LNB HiDef dish.
Why not? My B2s work great with my replays. I've had the 3 lnb dish for over 3 years and never had a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.