Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 5508

XBox

TV with:

AV1 (which includes Component and RCA video in plus R&L audio);

AV2 (which includes Svideo and RCA video in plus R&L audio);

FRONT (which is just RCA video and R&L audio.

Replay works fine thru AV2 using SVideo.

When I hook up XBox to AV1 Component and R&L audio, the results produce the following:

AV2 (Replay) color goes to B&W

AV1 (XBox) initially no video - just audio, but then the AV1 indicator at the top of the screen changes by itself to CV1 and I get a scrambled picture of the game playing, then it switches back from CV1 to AV1 and the screen goes black.

System appears to have all the I/O I need but I can't get it to work - so I came here for expert help!?

Thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well, I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but if you are trying to play the xbox and record the gameplay using RPTV, it will not work. The 1 second delay of the RPTV will mess your gameplay up.

However, there is a work around for this. You need the xbox advanced pack. Use the composite output of the advanced pack to the tv and the s-video to the RPTV (the advanced pack outputs both video sources at the same time). You can then play your game normally, and at the same time record it using the RPTV.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not trying to record the game play - I was jus trying to get the game to work on AV1 and the Replay to work on AV2. My Replay works fine on AV1 until I hook up the XBox on AV2 then neither work correctly.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unreal - I switched the blue and green cables (either cable or TV are wired wrong!) and poof - works just fine!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.