AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Replay (a Panasonic Showstopper Model PV-HS2000) and a Dish Network Model 6000 satellite receiver that is dedicated to serving the PVR. Everything is controlled with a ProntoPro remote.

The problem is that sometimes, when my kids (7 and 4) use the PVR, they inadvertently try to change to a channel we don’t subscribe to and the Dish 6000 “locks up†with the following message box:

Quote:
ATTENTION 013

This is a subscription channel which has not

Been purchased. To purchase, please call:

1-800-333-DISH (3474)

Press the “UP†or “DOWN†arrow button to

Change channels
My kids, of course, walk away without pressing the UP or DOWN arrow button.

Later on, when the PVR is scheduled to record something, it sends the IR info to the Dish 6000 (e.g. 242). Unfortunately, the Dish 6000 will NOT respond to a numeric channel command from the PVR unless somebody had cleared the error message by pressing the UP or DOWN arrow button.

As a result, we get an hour of error message.

Any solutions (besides getting rid of the kids)?

Thanks

Joe.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by eetrojan
...Any solutions (besides getting rid of the kids)?
Actually the solution is rather simple. Get another receiver (cheapest one you can find) and assign that one to Replay duty (out of sight) and don't even tell the kids about it.

If the 6000 is already that receiver for you, then simply shield the IR eye so only the blaster (and not the kids or Pronto) can see it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why dont you remove the channel from your lineup on the replay, thats what I did for all the channels I do not get and the foreign ones, and on the reciever itself, put it on some sort of parental control, so maybe the non subscribed message wont even come on if they use the remote, bypassing the PVR totally, it will just block them watching it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.